For more than 30 years, Bowling Green Brandywine has provided life-changing treatment for men and women who are struggling with addiction. Today, we are proud to offer a full spectrum of residential addiction treatment services, including a special program focused entirely on the growing problem of prescription drug abuse and opiate addiction.
Providing Comprehensive Care
Since the day we opened our doors in 1982, Bowling Green Brandywine has had one focus: providing the highest quality of comprehensive care, customized to meet the unique needs of each person who chooses to heal with us. The world – and the science of addiction treatment – has evolved over the decades, but our commitment to client-focused care has never wavered.
Today, we are able to blend time-tested techniques with emerging methodologies to create a unique treatment plan that can put you or your loved one in the best possible position to achieve long-term recovery and lifelong success.
Benefits of Treatment
The following are among the many highlights and benefits of addiction treatment at Bowling Green Brandywine:
- Detox Services – For clients who have not stopped using prior to entering treatment, we provide on-site medically supervised detox. This process allows you to rid your body of the substance to which you have become addicted without experiencing dangerous or painful withdrawal symptoms.
- Comprehensive Intake Assessment – All clients undergo a thorough assessment, including a medical and psychological evaluation, to ensure that you receive the level and quality of care that is best suited to your unique needs.
- Residential Care – Our initial 30-day residential phase is a highly structured experience that is designed to provide the solid foundation upon which you will build a healthier and happier life free from the chains of addiction.
- Partial Treatment – Clients who can benefit from this step-down level of care receive group, individual counseling, lectures, relapse prevention, medication management and 12-step education five to seven days a week during the morning and early afternoon.
- Family Program – Addiction impacts the entire family, and successful recovery often depends upon an effective support network. Our family program helps loved ones address the ways in which they were affected by the addicted individual, and also prepares them to serve as sources of support following treatment.
Understanding Substance Use Disorders & Addiction
Many people view drug abuse and addiction as strictly a social problem. Parents, teens, older adults, and other members of the community tend to characterize people who take drugs as morally weak or as having criminal tendencies. They believe that drug abusers and addicts should be able to stop taking drugs if they are willing to change their behavior.
These myths have not only stereotyped those with drug-related problems, but also their families, their communities, and the health care professionals who work with them. It is NIDA’s goal to help the public replace its myths and long-held mistaken beliefs about drug abuse and addiction with scientific evidence that addiction is a chronic, relapsing, and treatable disease
A variety of approaches are used in treatment programs to help patients deal with these cravings and possibly avoid drug relapse. NIDA research shows that addiction is clearly treatable. Through treatment that is tailored to individual needs, patients can learn to control their condition and live relatively normal lives.
Understanding drug abuse also helps in understanding how to prevent use in the first place. Results from NIDA-funded prevention research have shown that comprehensive prevention programs that involve the family, schools, communities, and the media are effective in reducing drug abuse. It is necessary to keep sending the message that it is better to not start at all than to enter rehabilitation if addiction occurs.
A tremendous opportunity exists to effectively change the ways in which the public understands drug abuse and addiction because of the wealth of scientific data. Overcoming misconceptions and replacing ideology with scientific knowledge is the best hope for bridging the “great disconnect” – the gap between the public perception of drug abuse and addiction and the scientific facts.
Take the Next Step
For answers to all of your questions about Bowling Green Brandywine, please call (610) 347-5608. We look forward to helping you discover if Bowling Green Brandywine is the perfect place for you or someone you love.