For potential residents or their loved ones, starting the admissions process at Bowling Green is as simple as contacting us by phone. Friendly and knowledgeable members of our admissions team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer any questions that you may have and can start the admissions process during the first phone call.
During Your Initial Call
The representative with whom you are speaking will collect information related to substance use history, psychiatric history, medical history, and insurance coverage. We can then verify coverage and confirm whether your insurance provider requires a preliminary assessment or if the resident can be brought directly to our center.
Depending on the answer we receive, we will either schedule the assessment or continue with the admissions process. If necessary, we will arrange to obtain medical records at this time.
General Admissions Criteria
- Prospective residents must be aged 18 or older.
- Pregnant women are eligible for treatment, though they must complete an ultrasound. For women who have been pregnant for less than 12 weeks, this is to assess fetal viability and for those who are more than 12 weeks along, it is to determine fetal anatomy.
- Potential residents who are currently enrolled in a methadone maintenance program must be able to provide their MMT records for the past 30 days and must present a letter from their MMT program confirming that they are eligible to return to that program after completing treatment at Bowling Green.
- Residents who come to Bowling Green from an inpatient program must be able to provide the following documentation: progress reports for the past three to five days, case history, physical evaluation, Moss Attention Rating Scale (MARS) score, psychiatric evaluation (if applicable), and urine drug screen results.
Detox Program Criteria
- Must have recently abused a substance or substances and are demonstrating either signs and symptoms related to that drug use or symptoms of withdrawal
- Must be able to provide information related to their drug of choice, length of drug use, and associated medical conditions
- Must have a history of experiencing clinically significant and problematic behaviors or psychological changes as a result of the use of a substance or substances
- Must have a history of experiencing impairment in several areas of life as a result of substance abuse, which can include disruption in family relations, judgment, thinking, or mood
Rehab Program Criteria
To be admitted to the rehab program, residents must be dependent upon a substance, but cannot be exhibiting withdrawal symptoms. Also, they must have experienced at least two of the following as a result of drug use:
- Taking a substance in larger amounts or over a longer period than intended
- Using a substance in situations in which it is physically hazardous to do so
- Using a substance despite knowing that this behavior is causing problems
- Developing increased tolerance
- Craving or otherwise feeling a strong desire to use
- Spending greater amounts of time obtaining the drug of choice
- Failing to fulfill major role obligations at work or home
- Experiencing social or interpersonal problems
- Reducing participation in important social, occupational, or recreational activities
- Persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down on use
Dual Diagnosis Program Criteria
To participate in the dual diagnosis program, residents must meet the criteria for admittance into the rehab program as it is listed above and must also have a DSM-5 psychological diagnosis.
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) Criteria
PHP is a single-gender program for men only. PHP residents must meet the criteria listed above for the rehab or dual diagnosis program and must also be stable and have completed an undefined period of abstinence from drugs and/or alcohol.
Taking the Next Step
If you have any questions or concerns about beginning treatment at Bowling Green or any other matters related to the admissions process at our center, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. We look forward to answering all of your questions and helping you determine if Bowling Green is the right place to being the road to lasting recovery.