When used under the supervision of a qualified healthcare provider, and when taken in the amount and for the duration directed by the prescribing physician, oxycodone can have a significantly beneficial effect. Unfortunately, the relative ease with which a person can acquire oxycodone, the drug’s potency, and the many pleasurable effects that are associated with its use, have led to widespread abuse of oxycodone, both for recreational and self-medicating purposes.
The importance of detox from oxycodone
Oxycodone, which is a synthetic opioid, is a powerful and highly effective substance that is present in several prescription medications, including OxyContin, Percodan, and Percocet. Oxycodone is most commonly prescribed to individuals who have been experiencing moderate to severe pain. In addition to its analgesic properties, oxycodone also elicits sensations of relaxation and euphoria. Regardless of why a person begins to abuse oxycodone, any illicit use of this opioid can lead to a wide range of negative effects and outcomes, including the development of addiction when professional treatment at an oxycodone rehab that includes detox is not sought.
Known clinically as opioid use disorder, oxycodone addiction can have a profoundly disruptive impact on a person’s physical, psychological, and socioeconomic wellbeing. When a person becomes dependent upon oxycodone, he or she will lose the ability to control the amount and frequency of his or her oxycodone abuse, and will begin to prioritize the acquisition and use of this drug over his or her relationships, personal and occupational obligations, and other responsibilities. Without proper treatment at a rehab that includes detox for oxycodone addiction, oxycodone addiction can have catastrophic results, including irreversible damage, or even death.
Admitting that one has a problem with oxycodone and deciding to get help for this problem are important steps, but before a person enters a treatment and rehab program, he or she must stop actively abusing this drug. However, this is not a simple proposition. As is the case with other opioids, ending one’s abuse of oxycodone will likely trigger the rapid onset of several distressing withdrawal symptoms, including anxiety, depression, insomnia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramping, and intense cravings for oxycodone or another opioid.
When a person attempts to withdraw from oxycodone on his or her own without the support of professionals at an oxycodone treatment and rehab center that supplies detox, the likelihood that these symptoms will push him or her back into oxycodone abuse is significant. And when a person fails to complete withdrawal, the resultant sense of shame or failure can exacerbate his or her substance abuse, putting him or her in even greater danger and further complicating future efforts to overcome this addiction.
Thankfully, there is a better way. At Bowling Green Brandywine in Kennett Square, PA, we provide a safer, more comfortable, and more effective way for men and women to rid their bodies of oxycodone and other addictive substances prior to engaging in the comprehensive treatment and rehab that includes detox that can prepare them to achieve long-term recovery.
Oxycodone Detox Treatment
Benefits of oxycodone detox treatment at Bowling Green
Bowling Green’s medically monitored detoxification, or detox, program is the ideal treatment and rehab environment for men and women who have been incapable of ending their active abuse of oxycodone.
The detox process at Bowling Green, which occurs in a safe and secure clinical setting at our treatment and rehab center for oxycodone addiction under the supervision of qualified professionals, offers a variety of benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Comfort: As noted above, the pain of withdrawal can overwhelm even the most dedicated effort to end one’s oxycodone abuse. At Bowling Green, our professionals can prescribe certain medications to those in detox that will ease the discomfort of withdrawal. Our medication management services increase the likelihood that a person will have a successful detox experience at our treatment and rehab center for oxycodone addiction and will be prepared to fully engage in residential treatment.
- Therapeutic support: While in detox, an individual can begin to participate in both individual and group therapy, which will help him or her to manage symptoms, address issues that have contributed to or been exacerbated by his or her oxycodone abuse, and prepare for a successful residential treatment experience once detox is complete.
- Safety: Oxycodone withdrawal is typically not a dangerous experience, but complications can always occur. Our detox treatment professionals are prepared to respond to any contingencies in a manner that protects the health and safety of all who choose to complete detox at Bowling Green.
- Success: For a person who has endured the despair and degradation of oxycodone abuse, successfully completing detoxification at our treatment and rehab center for oxycodone addiction can be an essential victory that helps him or her to develop a more positive and hopeful outlook. Achieving and maintaining recovery after completing detox involves overcoming a series of challenges, and each small success can increase an individual’s ability to face future obstacles with hope and determination.
- Continuity: When a person completes detox at Bowling Green Brandywine, he or she can transition directly into the next phase of treatment at our rehab for oxycodone addiction without leaving our campus. This continuity of care increases the likelihood that the individual will have a successful treatment experience and will gain a secure foothold in early recovery.
Why Choose Bowling Green
Why choose our rehab in Kennett Square, PA
At Bowling Green Brandywine, located in Kennett Square, PA, within Chester County, we understand that deciding to enter detox and get help for an oxycodone addiction is never a simple decision, and we honor the courage of each man and woman who makes this life-affirming decision. The day a person enters detox with us at our treatment and rehab center for oxycodone addiction, he or she joins a vibrant and dynamic healing community that is dedicated to providing him with the guidance and support that will empower him or her to achieve and maintain lifelong recovery.
For more information about detox for oxycodone addiction or any other aspect of our programming at our treatment and rehab center for oxycodone addiction that includes detox, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. We look forward to providing you with the information that you need in order to determine if Bowling Green is the perfect place for you or a loved one.